Where: Robert B. Moore Theatre
When: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 7:00pm
Tickets: $10 advance tickets; $12 at the door; $5 for current OCC students. Tickets are available at the OCC Bursar's Office and REI. Buy Tickets Online
Contact: For ticket information, call (714) 432-5880. For general information, call (714) 432-0202 x21058.
FASTER, STEEPER, HIGHER, DEEPER! Catch the steepest and deepest in high-adrenaline outdoor sport films when the 2012 Radical Reels Tour comes to Orange Coast College on Wednesday, September 26th. Hurtle down steep untouched powder, feel the cold spray of stomach-dropping kayak first descents, skateboard down Europe's bobsled tracks at breathtaking speeds, and much more in extreme mountain sports. Growing out of the famous Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour, Radical Reels screens the best in action sports filmmaking, audience-tested and programmed for maximum excitement!
List of Films
- All.I.Can: Perseverance (Canada, 2011, 8 minutes) - Big mountains and steep lines are the focus in this high energy excerpt from the award-winning feature film ‘All.I.Can.’
- The Art of Flight (USA, 2011, 8 minutes) - Featuring Travis Rice and a cast of riders, this excerpt from one of the year’s hottest snowboarding films is chock-full of action and mind-blowing stunts captured in stunning high-definition.
- Cat Skiing (Canada, 2011, 7 minutes) - Shot and edited in only seven days, discover the true meaning of cat skiing!
- Concrete Dreams (Germany, 2011, 7 minutes) - Bobtrack downhill skateboarding is a sport that didn’t actually exist— until Danny Strasser began his tour of Europe’s tracks.
- From the Inside Out (Canada, 2011, 13 minutes) - A partnership between standard setting Anthill Films and the progressive riders of The Coastal Crew, this is a freeride mountain biking film from the athletes themselves.
- Frontier (USA, 2010, 20 minutes) - From Mexico to Iceland, Frontier features huge waterfalls, remote areas, breathtaking scenery, and some of the most challenging whitewater ever paddled.
- Here We Go Again (USA, 2010, 10 minutes) - DH Production’s twenty-fifth film adventure showcases their DIY style and blue collar work ethic. No matter where you’re at or who you are, it's all about having fun on the bike.
- Miller’s Thriller: Ski BASE (USA, 2010, 6 minutes) - The Jackson Hole backcountry is the spectacular site for some amazing ski BASE jumps!
- Narsicame (USA, 2011, 4 minutes) - Look at me — and my headcam!
- Reel Rock: Race for the Nose (Radical Reels People’s Choice Award, USA, 2011, 22 minutes) - Welcome to the wildest competition known to man – the speed record on the Nose route of El Capitan. For 50 years, the best climbers in the world have been one-upping each other on this massive granite monolith in Yosemite National Park, racing up 3,000 feet of vertical rock in under three hours, and risking life and limb to shave mere seconds off the record time.
- Whitewater Grand Prix (Canada, 2011, 4 minutes) - Some of the world’s best kayakers come together for a six stage competition on spectacular whitewater.